Sign up for news & special offers →
Sea SA Pty Ltd and Sea SA Getaways are committed to protecting your privacy. You can visit most pages on our sites without giving us any information about yourself. But sometimes we do need information to provide services that you request, and this Privacy Statement explains data collection and use in those situations. This Privacy Statement only applies to www.seasa.com.au andwww.seasagetaways.com.au; it does not apply to other online or offline Sea SA or Sea SA Getaways sites, products or services. Please read the complete Sea SA Pty Ltd and Sea SA Getaways Privacy Statement.
Collection of your personal information:
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you.
Generally, this information is requested when you are registering before entering a contest, ordering email newsletters or when purchasing and / or registering Sea SA and Sea SA Getaways products. Personal information collected by Sea SA and Sea SA Getaways often is limited to email address, language, country or location, but may include other information when needed to provide a service you have requested.
For example, if you choose a service or transaction that requires payment, such as making an online booking, we will request personal information necessary for billing and / or shipping, such as name, address, telephone number and credit card number. When you buy a new product, we may ask you to register your purchase electronically. We keep this registration information on file with any other information you've already given us on previous visits to our websites.
Sea SA and Sea SA Getaways may also collect certain information about your computer hardware and software. This information may include your IP address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of Sea SA and Sea SA Getaways. Sea SA and Sea SA Getaways also collects information about which pages our customers visit within www.seasa.com.au and www.seasagetaways.com.au. This site visitation data is identified only by a unique ID number, and is never linked with personal information unless a user consents as described below.
Use of your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
To ensure our site is relevant to your needs.
To deliver services, such as information, services, newsletter, special events, specials or packages, that you request or purchase.
To help us create and publish content most relevant to you.
To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services from Sea SA and Sea SA Getaways if you so request.
To allow access to limited entry areas of our site as appropriate.
We will merge site-visitation data with anonymous demographic information for research purposes, and we may use this information to aggregate to provide more relevant content. In some limited entry sections of Sea SA and Sea SA Getaways with your approval, we will combine site-visitation data with your personal information in order to provide you with personalized content. If you decline permission, we will not provide you the personalized service and won't merge your personal information with site-visitation data.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including transmitting information regarding special offers and delivering newsletters. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
Sea SA and Sea SA Getaways may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) confirm to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Sea SA and / or Sea SA Getaways or the site; (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of Sea SA and / or Sea SA Getaways and it's family of websites, or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Sea SA and / or Sea SA Getaways employees, users of Sea SA and Sea SA Getaways products or service, or members of the public.
Your information may be stored and processed in Australia or any other country in which Sea SA and Sea SA Getaways or their affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using this / these site/s, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. Sea SA and Sea SA Getaways abides by all relevant rules and regulations regarding the collection, use, and retention of data.
Control of your personal information
When you register, or otherwise give us personal information, Sea SA and Sea SA Getaways will not share that information with third parties without your permission, other than for limited exceptions already listed. It will only be used for the purposes stated above.
Web beacons, also knows as clear gif technology, or action tags, may be used to assist in delivering the cookie on our site. This technology tells us how many visitors clicked on key elements (such as links or graphics) on a Sea SA and Sea SA Getaways website. We do not use this technology to access your personally identifiable information on www.seasa.com.au and www.seasagetaways.com.au. It is a tool we use to compile aggregated statistics about Sea SA and Sea SA Getaways website usage. We may share aggregated site statistics with partner companies, but do not allow other companies to place clear gifs on our site.
If you choose to not have your browser accept cookies from the Sea SA and Sea SA Getaways website, you will be able to view the text on the screens, however you will not experience a personalized visit nor will you be able to subscribe to the service offerings on the site.
Enforcement of this Privacy Statement
If you have questions regarding this statement, you should first contact Sea SA and / or Sea SA Getaways by email.
Changes to this Statement
Sea SA and Sea SA Getaways will occasionally update this Privacy Statement. When we do, we will also revise the last 'updated' date at the bottom of the Privacy Statement. For material changes to this Statement, Sea SA and Sea SA Getaways will notify you by placing prominent notice on the website.
Sea SA and Sea SA Getaways welcomes your comments regarding this Privacy Statement, please contact -
or write to - PO Box 455, Wallaroo, 4555.
Last updated: October 2009
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
Through its network of Web properties, Sea SA Pty Ltd and Sea SA Getaways provides you with information about services, vessels, a ferry timetable, online bookings and information about the Eyre and Yorke Peninsulas, including information on accommodation, tours, places to eat, things to see and do (collectively "Services"). The Services, including any updates, enhancements, new features, and/or the addition of any new Web properties, are subject to the TOU.
PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE LIMITATION
Unless otherwise specified, the Services are for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or services obtained from the Services.
PRIVACY AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
See the Privacy Statement disclosures relating to the collection and use of your information.
MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
If any of the Services requires you to open an account, you must complete the registration process by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form. You also will choose a password and a user name. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify Sea SA Pty Ltd and/or Sea SA Getaways immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. Sea SA Pty Ltd and Sea SA Getaways will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by Sea SA Pty Ltd or Sea SA Getaways or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else's account at any time, without the written permission of the account holder.
NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Sea SA Pty Ltd or Sea SA Getaways server or the network(s) connected to any Sea SA or Sea SA Getaways server, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Sea SA Pty Ltd or Sea SA Getaways server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
The links in this area will let you leave the Sea SA Pty Ltd and Sea SA Getaways website. The linked sites are not under the control of Sea SA Pty Ltd and Sea SA Getaways. Sea SA Pty Ltd and Sea SA Getaways are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. Sea SA Pty Ltd and Sea SA Getaways are not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. Sea SA and Sea SA Getaways are providing these link to you only a a courtesy and convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Sea SA Pty Ltd or Sea SA Getaways of the site(s).
UNSOLICITED IDEAS SUBMISSION POLICY
Sea SA Pty Ltd and Sea SA Getaways or any of its respective employees do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including for new advertising campaigns, new promotions, new products or technologies, processes, materials, marketing plans or new product names. Please do not send any original creative artwork, samples, demos or other works. The sole purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstanding or disputes when Sea SA and Sea SA Getaways products or marketing strategies might seem similar to ideas submitted to Sea SA Pty Ltd or Sea SA Getaways. So please do not send your unsolicited ideas to Sea SA Pty Ltd and Sea SA Getaways or anyone at Sea SA Pty Ltd or Sea SA Getaways. If despite our requests that you do not send us your ideas and/or materials, you still send them, please understand that Sea SA Pty Ltd and Sea SA Getaways makes no assurances that your ideas and materials will be treated as confidential or proprietary.
Copyright 2006 Sea SA and Sea SA Getaways, 1 Heritage Drive, Wallaroo, SA 5556, Australia. All rights reserved.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Send your questions to
Sea SA Pty Ltd
PO Box 455, Wallaroo, 5556.
Last update October 2009
At the time of publishing, all ferry timetables, fares, accommodation and tour information are correct, however these can be subject to alteration, sometimes without notice. All services and reservations provided are subject to the conditions of the principal providers and no responsibility is accepted by Sea SA / Sea SA Getaways for misrepresentation, unforeseen omissions or additional costs incurred, including those arising from adverse weather conditions. Refunds may not be available for unused services. Travel insurance is highly recommended.
Reservations, Payments, Levies and Pricing
Reservations can be made online or over the phone, to confirm a reservation full payment must be made at the time of booking. Bookings made online on the day of travel must be made at least 3 hours prior to departure.
Pension/Concession fares are for patrons who hold a current Disability, Seniors Card, Veteran Affairs, or Aged Pension card. The concession card must be presented on arrival. Student fares can be purchased by patrons who are 16 years or older, the student card with photo ID must also be presented (on arrival) upon check in.
Sea SA accepts Mastercard or Visa for credit card payments. EFTPOS is also available upon arrival at the reservation office. There are no ATM facilities at either terminal or on board the vessel. EFTPOS is available on board the vessel for café purchases.
Online reservations are only confirmed once payment has been made online with a credit card. Payment by credit card will incur a 1.5% surcharge. Cheques are not accepted.
Reservations made with a credit or Sea SA complimentary travel voucher must be called through to the reservation office (08 8823 0777). Vouchers cannot be used as a form of payment online. Reservations with a travel voucher are charged at full fare rates.
Promotional fares are subject to availability. All reservations made with a discount are non-refundable and must be paid for at the time of booking. Changes and cancellations are permitted prior to the scheduled departure time with no administration fees unless otherwise specified in the terms and conditions of the discounted offer. Extra charges may apply if the promotional fare is not available for the new scheduled departure time. Available discounts are not available with any other offers or promotions and cannot be applied to reservations that have already been confirmed.
Refunds & Cancellations Policy
All fares are non-refundable; Changes and cancellations will be permitted if requested prior to your sailing’s scheduled departure time. No administration charges apply *.
Changes and cancellations can only be made via the reservation office** during office hours.
Office hours are: Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm
Saturday 8am - 1pm
Sunday 11am - 3pm
When cancelling a booking, any remaining balance will be held in credit to be used within 12 months from date of purchase. All future bookings utilising such credit, can only be made via the booking office and at the applicable fare levels. Promotional fare reservations cannot be made utilising a credit.
If you do not travel and do not notify us prior to the sailings scheduled departure time, you will forfeit the fare paid.
This policy is subject to the provisions of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (as amended).
* Your new fare will be at least the price of the original fare and may be more in the event that fare rises occur or travelling on a promotional fare. You must pay this fare difference when you re-schedule your booking.
Holiday plans can be disrupted and cancellation fees can be expensive. Travel insurance is inexpensive and highly recommended. Please think carefully about obtaining insurance prior to your scheduled sailing.
When a reservation is made via the website or reservation office with Sea SA Pty Ltd, a secure server is used. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypts the information you send through this website. Sea SA Pty Ltd makes no warranty in respect of the strength or effectiveness of that encryption and Sea SA Pty Ltd is not responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of the information you provide.
Card details processed on our website are processed via Payment Express, a system maintained by DPS – Payment Express. Your card details are kept secure at the various stages of payment:
1. Card details are encrypted on your machine using a 2048bit SSL version 3 certificate from GeoTrust.
2. These encrypted details are sent safely and securely to our servers where they are decrypted.
3. Payment details are stored in memory for up to 2 minutes whilst communication begins with our bank's gateway, upon which they are removed immediately.
To comply with insurance and passenger safety requirements, all freight and other items must be transported in a registered vehicle.
Walk on passengers are able to take personal cabin luggage only. Luggage racks are supplied on the vessel. Luggage is stored at the passengers own risk. Sea SA takes no responsibility for misplaced or lost luggage.
Freight – including boxes, eskies, swags and sack truck etc (please call reservations on 08 8823 0777 if clarification is required) will not be accepted on board unless it is transported in a registered vehicle.
Dangerous goods vehicles will not be carried on board the vessel. Refrigerated containers will not be allowed to be operational at sea. No dangerous goods of any kind will be carried on board.
Conditions of Ferry Passage
1. Check-in time for all ferry services is to be a minimum of 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure, to allow for ticketing and safe loading in a timely manner.
2. Sea SA reserves the right to refuse boarding for passengers and vehicles who fail to check-in at the required time.
3. The length and height dimensions of your vehicle must be provided at time of booking. At time of check-in, should the length and height exceed that which was originally booked, a further charge will be made according to the specifications. Should there not be room Sea SA reserves the right to postpone boarding until the next available ferry.
4. Drivers must accept direction by Sea SA crew at all times during loading and unloading.
5. Smoking is prohibited on the ferry at all times.
6. Children under the age of 16 may not travel alone unless accompanied by an adult.
7. Travel may only be permitted for a person or persons whose name(s) appear on the Sea SA manifests. Travel arrangements may only be transferred to another person(s) with the knowledge and authority of Sea SA, by prior arrangement before travel.
8. To comply with insurance and passenger safety requirements, all freight and other items must be transported in a registered vehicle. Standard passenger hand baggage is permissible as per our luggage policy (56cm L x 36cm W x 23cm D). All hand baggage must be carried at the passenger's own risk and must be kept with the passenger at all times. Transportation of larger freight is not permissible unless transported within a vehicle.
Conditions of Travel & Booking
1. Travel must be completed within 12 months of payment. These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and any Australian State.
2. Sea SA Pty Ltd reserves the right to cancel, vary this service in any way, or substitute any ferry or other means of transport without incurring any liability.
3. Fares, timetables and routes are subject to alteration, without prior notice, at the discretion of Sea SA Pty Ltd.
4. Sea SA Pty Ltd shall not be liable for any loss or damage which may arise in the event of cancellation of this service or the abandonment of the service during the course thereof (should the Company or any of its servants or agents decide that such abandonment is necessary) or of any deviation or delay in any service arising from any cause whatsoever. In any such event Sea SA Pty Ltd will not be liable in any way for consequential damage including, but not limited to, the cost of accommodation or for any alternative means of travel which may arise and any additional expense so arising shall be the liability of the passenger.
5. Sea SA accepts no responsibility for loss of, or damage to, any vehicle being carried for the passenger, or for consequential damages arising there-from whether sustained during off-loading or transportation, and whether arising from negligence, malfunction of the vessel or other cause, except to the extent that the exclusion of such liability is prohibited by law.
6. Sea SA accepts no responsibility for any injury and/or death of a passenger travelling on this service whether caused by negligence, malfunction to the vessel or other cause except to the extent that exclusion of such liability is prohibited by law.
Notice to Passengers
SEA SA PTY LTD ("the carrier")
CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE “ PASSENGERS, VEHICLES and GOODS”
1. The ticket is issued and carriage service provided on the terms of carriage which include the terms contained on manually issued tickets, on the carrier's web site and such notices displayed prior to boarding the carrier ("the terms and conditions").
2. The ticket constitutes acceptance by the passenger to be bound by the terms and conditions and the passenger acknowledges that in the event that the purchaser of the ticket is not the passenger, the purchaser was acting as the agent of the passenger in its purchase.
3. No agent of the carrier is liable for the inaccuracy of any information concerning the carrier, its services or pricing.
4. The carrier is not a common carrier and may refuse to carry any person, vehicle or goods without giving reasons.
5. Loading restrictions, industrial disputes, unsuitable weather and other operations restrictions may necessitate cancellation or delay in transport or carrier service. The carrier also reserves the right to cancel or vary any scheduled transport for other reasons.
6. Passengers must comply with all laws and regulations and with the instruction of the carrier and its representatives.
7. If, in the opinion of a representative of the carrier, the passenger is in breach of these
terms or under the influence of drugs or alcohol or it is necessary for the safety or comfort of other passengers or for the protection of property, the passenger may be denied boarding the carrier or be required to leave the carrier or other means of transport, and may if necessary be physically removed or restrained.
8. The carrier, its servants and agents shall not be liable for loss, damage, delay or for consequential or other of any kind arising directly or indirectly from negligence or omission or some other cause in connection with the provision or non-provision of any carrier service (including but not limited to the embarking and disembarking of the carrier).
9. Any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied is hereby excluded provided that where legislation implies into this agreement any condition or warranty and avoids or prohibits the exclusion or modification of the application of or exercise of liability under such condition or warranty the condition or warranty shall be deemed to be included. The liability of the carrier for the breach of such condition or warranty shall be limited.
10. Walk on passengers are able to take personal cabin luggage only. Luggage racks are supplied on the vessel. Luggage is stored at the passengers own risk. Sea SA takes no responsibility for misplaced or lost luggage.
Freight – including boxes, eskies, swags and sack truck etc (please call reservations on 08 8823 0777 if clarification is required) will not be accepted on board unless it is transported in a registered vehicle.
SeaSA reserves the right to alter times and/or fares without prior notice.